Victory Solar is currently focused on solar installations in the Texas region. Seeking a full time Solar PV Designer. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate high professional standards, a strong interest in renewable energy and work well in a team environment.
The PV Designer will prepare proposals and conceptual designs for solar projects, and will provide design expertise to our solar department. This position reports to the Director of Operations or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Houston, Texas and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
· Produce all proposals and initial system designs for sales department
· Prepare conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts, single-line diagrams, etc.;
· Support project team with creation of drawing sets for small-medium solar systems in advanced planning stages;
· Administer and develop internal CAD Standards;
· Provide utility and design expertise;
· Support technical due diligence on early stage solar projects including review of shade reports, site conditions, environmental assessments, land-use permit documents, interconnection reports, etc.;
· Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PV Syst, PV Watts and other tools;
· Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
· AutoCAD 2014 or Newer
· Microsoft Office 2010 or Newer
· Solar design/engineering (electrical designers welcome)
· Creating construction documents and pre-construction management
· Communicating with multiple departments and across different levels of management
· 2+ years of CAD Drafting in a professional environment